Enabling Minds provides mental health accessibility training for anyone who works in the field of sports, fitness or recreation — especially those with a customer service role.
Watch the Enabling Minds video
Recorded on December 3, 2015 at the Enabling Minds launch event, #A Better Serve
Join the conversation for #abetterserve
- Share how your organization is working toward improved accessibility and #abetterserve for people with mental health disabilities
- Utilize the Enabling Minds online training resources and tell others how they help your organization to provide #abetterserve
- Tweet positive examples of #abetterserve that have made a difference for your participation in sport, fitness and recreation programs and facilities
Suggested hashtags: #abetterserve #aoda #mentalhealth #accessibility
Not using Twitter yet? See Twitter: How To.
The Enabling Minds Training Module is an interactive 45-minute self-study course.
Tools and resources for further training are available in the Resource Library.
What will you learn?
As a worker or volunteer in the world of physical activity, you will learn how to remove barriers to physical activity programs for people with mental health disabilities. You will also learn how to create a supportive and inclusive environment that promotes positive mental health for everyone.
Find out more about What You Will Learn.
Who should take this training?
Anyone who provides physical activity programs and services:
- Fitness instructors and coaches
- Front desk and communications staff
- Volunteers or students
- Anyone who works in the field of sports, fitness or recreation — especially those with a customer service role